Music City Hit-Makers is “classin’ up country” with a one-of-a-kind musical event featuring Nashville’s hottest songwriters and your Abilene Philharmonic. Featuring “the most famous people in Nashville that you have never heard of”. Grammy Award-winning songwriters, Brett James and Rivers Rutherford will perform and share the stories behind some of the biggest hits they’ve penned for today’s most iconic stars such as Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, the Dixie Chicks, Tim McGraw, Brooks & Dunn just to name a few.
- Landed his first cut with American legends Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson (aka The Highwaymen)
- #1 songs by Tim McGraw, Montgomery Gentry, Gretchen Wilson, Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton (for the stunning and Grammy-nominated duet “When I Get Where I’m Going”
Kenny Chesney, Rodney Atkins, Trace Adkins, and Brooks & Dunn
- Known for his gritty, southern style, Rutherford is unapologetic about his love for God, devotion to his family, and making great music.
- Has had more than three hundred of his songs recorded by major label recording artists.
- Billboard Country chart with twenty #1 songs
- In 2006, reached yet another musical milestone winning ASCAP Songwriter of the Year
- In 2007, Brett received the music industry’s highest honor winning the Grammy Award for Best Country
Song for “Jesus Take Wheel,” recorded by Carrie Underwood
- Brett is a founding songwriter in the Music City Hit-Makers show